Registration Open Now!
We invite you to submit your wine through our website at Enofile Online.
You may also submit your wine using this downloadable form: BIWC Paper Form
COMPETITION DATES: March 5-6th, 2017
- Entry Deadline: February 28th, 2017
- Product Delivery Deadline: February 28th, 2017
- Wines MUST arrive by February 28th in order to be judged. Please read the "Shipping Information" below carefully to ensure that your products arrive on time.
- Payment Deadline:
- Early Entry (October 1st 2016 - February 17th, 2017): 100 Euro per entry for both online entries and entries submitted by paper, fax, or email
- Regular Entry (February 18th 2017 - February 25th 2017): 115 Euro per entry for both online entries and entries submitted by paper, fax, or email
- Late Entry (February 26th 2016 - March 3rdth 2016): 130 Euro per entry for both online entries and entries submitted by paper, fax, or email
- Payments: Payment for on-line entries can be made by credit card through Stripe. Off-line entry fees can be made by credit card or by wire transfer. The banking information and associated fees for the wire transfer may be requested from us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The competition will be held at the Kempinski Hotel, Kurfürstendamm 27, 10719 Berlin, Germany
Eligibility and Requirements:
• Table, sparkling, fortified, fruit and specialty wines commercially produced in any wine producing region of the world are eligible for entry. No non commercial wines will be allowed.
• Wines with more than 0.3% residual sugar (r.s.) must have the percent listed on the entry form. Wines entered in categories defined by r.s. must list the percent on the entry form even if r.s. is below 0.3%.
• All entries must be listed on the official entry form, either online or downloaded from this web site as a paper form (see the top of this page for links to both). If downloading the paper form, please complete the entire form and sign at the bottom of the page to certify that the statements on the form are correct. Failure to complete the form properly may result in disqualification.
• All wines submitted on time will be judged.
• An official entry shall consist of three (3) bottles, each bottle no less than 500/700/750 ml in volume. For containers larger than 750 ml in volume, an official entry shall consist of three (3) units. An official entry of wines, such as dessert wines, that are bottled only in 375 ml bottles shall consist of three (3) bottles, each no less than 375 ml.
• Any wine that is delivered to the competition without a full and proper label will be disqualified from the judging. Please do not send wines with laboratory, temporary, photocopied or altered labels. We occasionally make exceptions for extenuating circumstances, but you must notify us in advance and receive written permission to send.
• Please specify on the entry form how many gallons of wine were produced. A minimum of 120 gallons is required. This rule is to ensure that wines entered in the competition were produced for purchase by consumers domestically and internationally.
**Please feel free to contact us directly for additional support if you are a large wine organization shipping 40+ wines.
WHERE TO SHIP THE WINE:
Berlin International Wine Competition
C/O Adam Levy
tel: +49 3031878749
USA tel: 1-917-338-0163 x 1
SPECIAL FREE FREIGHT PROGRAM FROM THE UNITED STATES TO BISC:
BISC is now offering a Free Freight promotion for shipments from the United States to the BISC through our partnership with International Shipping Company JF Hillebrand! If you're a distiller in the U.S., here's how to take advantage of this exciting opportunity:
• Producers must ship at their cost to our warehouse at Western Carriers in North Bergen , New Jersey.
• BISC will ship at no additional charge from New Jersey to the BISC
• BISC must receive the shipments at Western Carriers by no later than February 2nd 2017 to qualify for the free freight promotion to the BISC
• All submission fees to BISC must be paid in full to qualify for the free freight promotion.
• If you, your distributor, or your importer has an account at Western Carriers, you may transfer your spirits to our account at no additional shipping charge. Please contact us directly at email@example.com to assist you with this, or have your agent contact Western Carriers directly.
WHERE TO SHIP YOUR SPIRITS FOR FREE FREIGHT TO BISC:
Western Carriers -BLD #1-MB
Attn:Nest Egg/Joel Rubin/Acct #707
Berlin International Spirits Competition
2220 91st Street
North Bergen, New Jersey 07047
tel: 9173380163 x 1
• Include the completed submission form in all shipments to ensure wine is submitted in correct category
• If submitting by paper form, please send us a photo or scan of your submission form in advance.
• Again, entries must ship three (3) bottles of each wine submitted for judging. See above "Eligibility and Requirements" for details.
• Shipments will be accepted Monday through Friday from 10:00 am until 18:00 pm. Wine entries shipped to an address other than the one above will be disqualified and entry fees will not be returned.
• The competition, its service contractors, and any officer, staff member, sponsor or director of the same shall not be responsible for the safety of the wines from theft or damage by fire, accident, vandalism or other causes. The competitor expressly waives and releases any claim or demand that he or she may have against any of them by reason of any damage to, or loss of, any wine entered in the competition.
• In the event that the judging is not held, a portion of the fees will be refunded, based on the amount paid minus a pro rata share of the expenses for establishing and maintaining entry files.
• Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Competition shall not be liable for failure to perform caused by an act of God, fire, flood, wind, rain, storm, electrical failure, strike, labor dispute, riot, insurrection, war or other causes beyond its control.